Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday, August 1

I finally wore this dress as more than a swimsuit coverup today.  I don't know why I never wear it as an actual dress.  It's not too short and I love the pattern.  I think I get into patterns for how I wear things in my closet and sometimes it takes me realizing I could wear it a different way.

Also, it's amazing what a belt can do to pull together an outfit.  Here's the dress sans belt:

And here's the dress with the belt.  In my opinion, there's a pretty big difference.  For one, the dress immediately became a little shorter.  Also, the outfit wasn't so boring.  All that orange needed a different pop of color.  I could have paired this with a cute pair of navy sandals, but I don't own a pair of navy sandals and I am just staying around the house today so it didn't matter.

Orange dress: Kohl's
Orange cardi: Mossimo for Target
Belt: stolen off a pair of my shorts
Silver arrow necklace: Wet Seal
Orange flip flops: American Eagle for Payless

Please ignore the back end of my dog who ended up in the picture.  He refused to move.  Gotta love him.

2 comments:

  1. You know what I love about reading your blog? That you get dressed to stay at home. Me? I put on shorts, a t-shirt, and didn't even bother to dry my hair before going out to run some errands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not let me fool you. If I ever wore shorts or thought they were comfortable, that's exactly what I'd be doing. The other day when I posted about the chambray? Yeah, I pretty much wore my pajamas all day. :)

      Delete