Friday, July 12, 2013

Staycation Style

This week has been busy even though we decided not to travel for vacation.  We've gone to the pool, tried mini-golfing, gone to the movies, and visited our old college campus.  It's been great!

Here are the outfits I wore this week:

Monday: Pool Day
Because I first had a doctor's appointment and then we were going to go swimming without a chance to go home first, I had to dress for both.  Thus the dress and flip flops combo.

Dress: Target (many years ago)
Flip Flops: American Eagle brand from Payless
Blue Shrug: JCPenney
"Bracelet": actually a headband from Charlotte Russe

Tuesday: Movie Night
I had to make a semi-good impression today, as I was meeting my student teacher for the first time.  Also, we were going to a movie that night so I needed something that could keep me warm in the cold theater.  I get cold so easily!

Jean Jacket: Old Navy
Maxi Dress: Marshall's
Espadrille Wedges: Sonoma (from Kohl's)

Wednesday: Mini Golfing and Ice Cream
Hubby and I went out of town to try out mini-golfing--it was pretty cheap and they let us play unlimited number of games while we were there!  Too bad I got frustrated halfway through the first game and completely gave up after the first few holes of the second game!  I am such a sore loser.

Without Shrug
Shrug: Charlotte Russe
Tank: Apt 9 from Kohl's
Black Crops: Worthington from JCPenney
Espadrilles: Target

Thursday: Zoo
It takes three hours for us to just drive to the zoo, so I wanted a comfy outfit not only for walking around all day, but one I could stand to wear for such a long car ride.  Enter the maxi skirt.  Seriously like wearing PJs without getting called out for wearing PJs.  I was going to wear my Sperry's with it but decided to wear my silver flip flops instead.

Blue and White Tank: Faded Glory from Walmart
Black Maxi Skirt: Marshall's
Black Bracelet: Target
Cross Necklace: Wet Seal
Sperry's: from Dillard's
Flip Flops: from Cato Fashion

Friday: Visiting Truman
We drove to our college campus today.  Hubby hadn't visited in quite a few years.  Too bad most of the buildings were closed down for the summer.  I wore yet another maxi skirt today.  Like I said, they are just way too comfortable!

Striped Tank: Gap Outlet
White Camp Shirt: Kohl's
Maxi Skirt: Kohl's
Pink Gold Bracelet: freebie from Victoria's Secret
Mint Necklace: Wet Seal
Black Sandals: Merona from Target
Handmade mint bow








No comments:

Post a Comment