Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday July 20

I plan to link up with Audrey at Putting Me Together for her One Piece Many Ways.  In preparation, I tried on about thirty outfits yesterday.  In doing so, I got an idea for today's outfit.  I traded out the chambray shirt for a plaid one and added some accessories.  I really liked it even though I absolutely HATE shorts.

I don't know what it is about shorts.  I wear dresses.  I wear skirts.  What in the world makes me think shorts are any different?  Because they have a crotch?  It's not like they show off any more than a skirt or a dress would.  I swear, sometimes my hang-ups don't make any sense.  I sucked up my hatred for them and wore them today.  There are only two reasons I even own shorts: One, I had a friend give me some of her old clothes a while back and a few of the items were shorts (I suck up my hatred for something if it is free); and two, I recently went on a trip to Disney World and decided since I wouldn't know anybody there, I really didn't care if I looked like an idiot wearing shorts.

Today, though, I may have decided shorts aren't that bad.  I even got a compliment on my outfit by a girl at the grocery store :)

Plaid Shirt: Gap
White Shirt: Marshall's
Coral Shorts: Faded Glory by Walmart
Sandals: Sanuk
Necklace: Mustard Seed Fair Trade; it's made from rolled bits of newspaper and magazines!
Bracelet: a gift from my mother on my college graduation

I absolutely love Mustard Seed.  Here are a few of my favorite items that are in the online store right now:


          Inspiration Bracelet










No comments:

Post a Comment