Saturday, February 7, 2015

Modified Project333 and a Saturday Outfit

My love for weekends makes me question whether I should petition my husband to be a stay-at-home wife and puppy-mommy.  Just another passing thought from this crispy-around-the-edges teacher.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've stopped the 30x30 to jump right into the scarier Project333.  Why is it scarier, you may ask.  Well, because it's a permanent closet change, not just a temporary one.  I modified it to fit my current comfortability level, but the idea and spirit of the 333 is there.  I cut down massively on my available wardrobe.  I now have 50 clothing items to choose from for 3 months.  I won't really know how difficult this whole idea is until probably the end of May since I decided to start this whole process in February, aka the end of winter.

For anyone interested in doing Project333, here's my process:

1) I weeded through my closet and got rid of anything I either never wore, hated, or was busted/stained/etc.
2) With the massive collection of clothes that was left after that first purge, I made piles by the seasons (Winter, Fall, Summer, Spring).
3) I culled through each pile and picked out my *favorites* and then looked through the rest for basics I would need.
4) I had to sacrifice a few things to ensure I didn't go over 50 items (my personal choice--333 suggests 33 items).
5) My other personal choice was not to count shoes and accessories or undershirts/tank tops.  I never wear tank tops on their own (always under something else) and I have so many shoes and necklaces that I wasn't quite ready in my brain to give them up yet.
6) I packed away each season's capsule except winter.  The winter set is what I will wear until the beginning of March, when I pull out the spring set and put away the winter set.  My plan is to get rid of anything in my winter set that I didn't wear or hated and take stock of things I will need to add for next year.

Whew!

Here's today's outfit.  It's super plain and yawn, but it's Saturday and i just want to be comfortable.  Keepin' it real, ya'll.


Black T-Shirt: gifted, but I think it is from New York & Co
Aquamarine/turquoise tank: found at Goodwill
Dark wash jeggings (look like black pants!): Kohl's
"Turquoise" necklace: gift from my mom
Black Flats: Hushpuppies
I am wearing a hairband on my wrist since I was about to pull my hair up.


A plain outfit for a simple day sitting around the house.  I may venture out to the grocery store for food for the week.  A teacher's weekend is "rest": time to do the "rest" of the stuff you couldn't get done during the week because you were so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment