Monday, February 9, 2015

Feeling Green

What is it about Mondays?  Are we all just grieving the loss of our weekend so much?  Are we all lacking sleep from throwing off our sleep schedules?  Is it because we have CLT meetings Monday mornings in which most people are just going through their to-do lists in their heads?  (That last one may just be specific to my school!)

I think this Monday morning has made me realize how I need to just take a deep breath and fill myself with kindness before I walk into school.  No matter how else I get treated, that shouldn't change my choice of treating people with kindness.  It's so easy to get caught up in my own feelings and let that cause me to be full of reactions.  This isn't a vague venting at something specific.  I get this feeling of frustration and anger and a mild sense of entitlement on Mondays (GRR!  Why is this so hard?  I've been teaching for a while, why isn't this any easier?!?).  Do other teachers feel that way or is it just me?

Here's my plain outfit with a pop of color.  Green, actually.  I found it funny because of how I feel about Mondays.

Green Cardigan: Charlotte Russe
Black Top: Kohl's
Black Skirt: JcPenney
Black Tights
Black Flats: Hushpuppies
Necklace: Forever21 (I think?)









2 comments:

  1. It's funny, but I feel that way about Tuesdays. It's probably a direct correlation to Monday afternoon meetings coupled with Tuesday morning hall duty AND afternoon bus duty, plus, my school does what we call an activity period, taking 30 minutes out of the middle of the day for makeup work and club meetings. Maybe I need to be more diligent with planning fun Tuesday outfits?

    PS: glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to be blogging again. I mostly rant and make random comments :) It is nice to have a fun outlet though.

      Delete