Saturday, February 21, 2015

Finding Beauty

I've been working really hard this week to find the beauty in things no matter what's going on.  Putting on those rosy glasses isn't that easy for me, come to find out.  I have been trying, though.  Any time I feel like venting my frustrations or feel the urge to throw my hands up in a gesture of anger, I have been forcing myself to find the good (in either the situation or the person).  It seems to be working a little.  I'm feeling a little less burnt out.  I am finding I do have a little more to give at my job.  I just needed to change my perspective.

Friday the staff and students were asked to wear purple in honor of the student who passed away this week.  This student had Cystic Fibrosis, and purple is the awareness color.  Due to my going to a capsule wardrobe, the only purple I currently have in my closet is through accessories.

Top: Kohl's
Skirt: Walmart
Necklace: Francesca's
Tights: Walmart
Kitten Heels: Union Bay

Lace Top: H&M
Blue Tank (not well seen): Old Navy found at Goodwill
Flyaway Cardigan: Charlotte Russe
Jeans: Mudd from Kohl's
Boots: Kohl's
Necklace: Premier Jewelry


I woke up with a migraine today and, on top of that, it had snowed last night, so I wasn't able to go to my writing group today.  I really enjoy meeting with those ladies; we have been meeting for over five years now.  We eat and we talk and we write and we share our writing.  It's awesome.  Fortunately, I was able to take some migraine medicine early enough and it seems to be working.  Fingers crossed this thing totally goes away.  The dizziness and head-cloudiness (I think I just made that word up) I get with  these headaches is terrible.


No comments:

Post a Comment