Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday, September 11

My school now has a JROTC program and the students in that program (ahem, I should say cadets) had a wonderful, touching flag ceremony before school today.  It brought tears to my eyes.

It's amazing how so many of the young people I work with see the value in understanding what happened and care about their country.  Many dressed up in honor of and remembrance of the victims.

T-Shirt: Target
Skirt: Kohl's
Rust Tights: Target
Kitten Heels: Union Bay
Necklace: Kohl's

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your school did a ceremony! I definitely missed that this morning. Sadly, my school didn't even mention it on the morning show (our school has students do morning announcements news channel style). My kids were very disappointed all day that it wasn't officially addressed. Check out my blog post at liveloveandus.blogspot.com for how I address 9/11 in my history class each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was so proud of the cadets. The students who came for the ceremony were very respectful as well.

    ReplyDelete