Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday, September 3

Sorry for being MIA.  I had a family member I needed to visit at the hospital and it was quite a ways out of town.

I was planning to post the outfits I wore while out of town, but to be honest they were repeat outfits and the pictures turned out cruddy, so instead I put together a quick post to add to Audrey's link up at Putting Me Together.

I wanted to make it a little difficult for myself, so I picked what seemed to be my least versatile skirt and figured out some fun ways to wear it.

THE YELLOW SKIRT
(LOFT)


                   Rocker Chic
Black T-Shirt: NY and Co
Necklace: Dustee's
Tights: Hanes from Walmart
Black Booties: Ariat

         This outfit could be paired so many different ways: taller boots, brown accents, daintier necklace...


Country Chic
Plaid Shirt: Old Navy
Necklace: Target
The only change to this outfit was the top and the necklace.  I could have worn my black moccasin booties instead of my Ariat boots or I could have worn tall black boots (I have been DROOLING over a pair of Hunters).


Office Chic
White Button Down: Old Navy
Blazer: JcPenney
Kitten Heels: Union Bay 

Here I traded out button up tops, added a blazer, and exchanged the boots for heels.  I could have added a structured belt and I didn't put on a necklace since you wouldn't have been able to see it in this picture anyway.  

Preppy Chic
Striped Tank: Gap
Red Belt: Target
Red Flats: Kohl's

If you aren't crazy about the red, you could try green or black or blue or purple...you get the idea.  


Summer/Spring Chic
This shirt is really more of a teal color but it came out looking blue in this photo: LOFT
Necklace: Francesca's
Leopard Belt: LOFT
Leopard Flats: Target

The formula for this outfit is the same as the one above, but the colors and patterns make it look much different. 

I feel like my photos aren't revolutionary or anything--they are probably the same thing you see on all the other sartorial blogs that are everywhere.  Hopefully someone will get an idea from seeing these photos though.  I know it helped me see how a seemingly not-very-versatile piece really can fit into my wardrobe!







6 comments:

  1. I love the color of that skirt and all the outfits you created from it - adorable!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preethi! I'm so glad you commented because now I've found your blog. You have such a cute style!!

      Delete
  2. Ok, how do you make a photo block of your outfits on your blog? If I could figure out how to do it I could see how many outfits I'm making much easier. Also, do you know how to get the GCOGH link up on the side of your blog? I love all your remixing possibilities with your yellow skirt! I will be following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I used www.fotor.com to make my collage image. For the GCOGH badge, check out the info here: http://gochicorgohome.com/pub/badges

      They walk you through how to do it. You copy the URL next to the image you want to use. Then open up your blog and add the URL to the HTML or Badges section of your blog. Hope this helps!

      THANKS for the feedback!!

      Delete
  3. I love that bright yellow skirt! Who knew it would be so versatile?! I especially love it with the striped tee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that outfit is also my favorite! I just saw Aubree's post at Look. Feel. Be and now I'm wanting to try a pink top with the skirt!

      Delete