Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday, January 12

I wish I could sleep in and still not feel cheated out of half of my weekend!  I still need to write lesson plans and grade.  I have the day off tomorrow though for a dentist and dr appointment.  I can't be the only person to try and schedule everything on the same day so I don't have to take two different days off of work, right?  :)

Dress: LOFT
Dotted Top: Kohl's
Necklace: Francesca's
Belt: Ann Taylor
Tights: Walmart
Mocassins: from an Indian Trade store in OK


I tried curling my hair today using my new curling wand.  I was hoping for an easier way to get my loose curls that I get when I use my straightener as a curler.  I was hoping they'd turn out like this:

 

More of a VS Soft curl is what I wanted.

This is what I got instead: 

More of a Taylor Swift curl.  


Any ideas on how to use my tapered curling wand?  I've watched about a million YouTube tutorials and yet my hair still turned out like this.  I know I could just continue to use my hair straightener, but I DID buy the curling wand.  So…. :)  And sorry I had to smudge my face.  Not that I ever put anything inappropriate on here, but I'm not ready to be recognized yet (even though I'm pretty sure only a few people actually read this blog).



2 comments:

  1. You are so not the only one who tries to miss less days! I moved a dentist appointment back 2 weeks so that it could be during Christmas break rather than taking a day off between standardized testing & the end of the semester!

    Best of luck with the curls though! I have naturally way straight hair. Even using hot curlers & hairspray my curls are gone within a couple hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I think I'm going to go back to using my straightener to curl my hair and use the wand once I'm more proficient at it!

      Delete