Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wednesday, October 9

Today I had to dress as a rapper.  It was the reward my 6th hour chose for passing their tests.  So I did; to make them happy, I even threw in some phrases like "Yo, yo, yo," and "What it is?"  Bwahahaha!

I would have preferred to find a big, gold chain with a dollar sign on it or something, but the local Walmart was surprisingly missing this item in its Halloween section.  I couldn't even find a grill!

Track Suit: old cheer warm up
Tank: Charlotte Russe
"Underwear" that is showing: Actually cheer shorts
Tennis Shoes: Asics
Necklace: a chain with an alarm clock on it from Walmart
Sunglasses: Halloween prop from Walmart

I am really leaving many of the teachers confused and the kids are in stitches over me dressing up.  Many of the teachers are so down about me getting my students rewards for passing their goals for their tests.  I have heard things like: "I would NEVER do that."  "Don't you think that's a little much?"  "You are too nice."  Umm, no.  1) My job is to motivate my students, and if dressing up in silly costumes is a motivator to get them to do well on their tests, then gosh darn it, I'm going to do it.  2) It's a FREE way to motivate my students.  That doesn't come along very often!  3) It's "too nice" to give my students a reward for going above and beyond their goals?  Even I like to get rewards for doing the right thing.  (This comment, by the way, was made by a former PBIS coach, for crying out loud.  This person should know, of all people, about POSITIVE BEHAVIOR SUPPORT.  UGH. )

Okay, off my soapbox now.  It's like I've been getting all this negativity.  I am hoping it's because people are jealous that I came up with the idea first.  If they weren't so snippy, I'd shout from the rooftops that they can ALL take my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment