Monday, October 21, 2013

Three-Day Weekend Packing

I packed for a three-day weekend trip to my high school stomping grounds.  Some high school buddies are having a reunion.  I worked/trained for the fire department in high school--it was my sport--and they are planning a get-together.  I haven't seen any of them in nearly 15 years!  As luck would have it, I have Friday off due to parent/teacher conferences being two nights this week.

In the past, a trip like this would require a HUGE suitcase AND a carry-on.  I've learned a lot from my online friends, and this time I've packed light.

This is everything I plan on taking with me :)

Inside my computer bag: laptop; Kindle; magazine
(Not Pictured: phone and computer chargers)
Ignore my ugly feet in this picture...

Inside my small bag (Shoes, toiletries)

Everything all laid out from my small bag
From Left to Right: Shampoo, Conditioner Bag; Make-up Bag; Toothbrush Carrier
Lotion, Body Spray; Leopard Flats; Dry Shampoo; Hair Products
Hair Iron; Hairbrush; Deodorant; Q-Tips; Brown Boots

Everything from my bigger bag all laid out:
From Left to Right starting out from the Top:
Maroon Striped Top; Yellow Bow Top; White Tee; Skinny Jeans
Grey Sweater; Green Dress; Leopard Belt; Black Hoodie; Grey Hoodie
Black Tights; Black Socks; Brown Tights; Green Scarf; Aztec Scarf; Striped Scarf; Undies; Necklaces

This is my traveling outfit.  I went for comfort since it's a six hour drive.

white Cardigan; striped top; black leggings; black boots; silver pendant necklace

Pajamas

Pajamas turned into a casual outfit.  I could also pair this with jeans and/or either pair of boots.
In fact, any of the accessories would go with this outfit.  Trade out a scarf or wear a necklace instead,
and it's a different outfit.

Again, I could wear this many different ways if I chose.  I will probably wear it with jeans and boots

I liked this outfit the way it is, but again I could trade out accessories and shoes for something
different.

Another casual outfit.  Many other ways to style it.

I will probably wear this sweater with jeans if I choose to wear it.

I will probably actually wear the brown tights and brown boots with this dress.
And I will probably add a scarf.


I think I could technically get two weeks' worth of outfits from the few items I packed.  I didn't even show you the black hoodie or jeans. I figured everyone could get the idea without me changing a bajillion times.  I am excited to have options when I get there and I like how everything I picked can be mixed and matched.  This way, depending on how I feel and what activities we end up doing, I will be prepared. 

I am planning a trip to Las Vegas in a month, and I plan to pack in a very similar fashion for that trip as well.  Except I will add a few club-appropriate items for going out.  What do you guys think of my packing?

No comments:

Post a Comment