Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tuesday, October 29

I wanted to post yesterday afternoon, but the internet connection at my hotel was spotty.  Also, I was still sick and felt like crap, so I didn't have the patience for anything.

I was at a conference on the Common Core.  It pretty much sucked.  I heard every freaking research book rehashed in the last two days.  At one point, I think I was tempted to use the table leg to knock myself out.  Many of the presenters' PowerPoints had so many typos in them I wanted to scream; they talked about some learning strategies as if they were brand-new.  For example, they acted like no one had any idea what a KWL chart was.  Seriously?!?  I think if my district had known, they would not have paid money for that.  And if I had to hear a variation of Hattie, Daggett, or Marzano again....well you know what I wanted to do with the table leg.

The one awesome thing was my hotel room.  It was HUGE.  It had a kitchenette and the shower was one of those two-sided showers where the water comes out of both walls.  YES!

Dress: Kohl's
Cardigan: Banana Republic Outlet
Necklace: Kohl's
Boots: Lane Bryant



My kind of hotel room: wine glasses provided :)

I was so ill that as soon as the sessions let out that afternoon, I crashed in my room.  I was ready for some Nyquil and a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment